Resolutions! – Friday Live!
Live Event - December 29, 2017
Today we’re talking about some of our goals for the upcoming year. Of course we also have the usual Q&A.
- 1:00 – Marc’s Christmas present
- 2:44 – Patreon Supporter Update
- 4:35 – Is it okay to install a tail vise on the left hand side of my bench?
- 6:42 – Jewelry Box Tour
- 13:28 – What would you recommend for paring chisels
- 15:55 – What kind of resolutions do you have for your shop and show this year?
- 18:40 – Are the cross and trim stops valuable accessories to the domino?
- 21:10 – What are the worst environmental changes you’ve worked in and what are some issues that arise with low temperatures?
- 22:20 -What’s a good way to handle rust on hand tools?
- 23:30 – Do people generally insulate garage doors & how much do you run your heater in the winter?
- 25:28 – What does a face to face glueup mean for wood movement?
- 27:12 – Are you still doing the miter station?
- 27:28 – What is the best jig for dovetails: Leigh or Incra?
- 29:00 – What is the best “Tool System” to step into when starting out?
- 29:58 – What are your most used sanders?
- 30:38 – If I get a domino, what size should I get?
- 31:53 – Is the Festool boom arm worth it?
- 32:46 – Is it normal to get rough sided mortises when using a router?
- 34:48 – Do I need to pay attention to table saw blade specs (Rake angle etc)?
- 36:40 – Two days left to enter the monthly giveaway! – https://www.
- 37:25 – Can you recommend a good project to use some curly maple for?
- 38:35 – How can I keep from cutting my fingers from the sides of my chisels?
- 40:47 – Where do you get your questions for the show come from? – https://www.patreon.com/
- 41:33 – Using a SpaceMouse with Sketchup is great.
- 42:47 – Do you have a favorite bandsaw/bandsaw blade?
- 45:00 – Marc’s eternal struggle
- 46:34 – Guild project winner