Hand-Held Spindle Sander
Live Event - September 9, 2017
On this PM edition of Friday Live, I show off my new toy from MLCS and we’ll discuss things like jumpy sanders, letting kids into the shop, and even Nicole’s work history. Here’s the rundown:
- 2:00 – New Patreon Supporters
- 2:45 – Wood Whisperer Guild Sale
- 4:07 – MLCS Hand-Held Spindle Sander Unboxing
- 7:23 – Marc is quite busy
- 10:45 – Is there a trick to drilling holdfast holes so they work correctly?
- 12:58 – What was Nicole’s former occupation?
- 17:54 – Have you ever bought a new sander and thought it had a mind of it’s own?
- 20:40 – What material would you use for a Cornhole board?
- 23:43 – Does having so many eyes on you become a pain to deal with?
- 25:57 – What are your thoughts on kids in the shop?
- 27:50 – What could cause a bandsaw to not cut straight even after the Snodgrass method of setup?
- 31:30 – What makes oscillating sanders so great?
- 33:50 – If you left Woodtalk would it cease to exist?
- 34:46 – Any tips for cutting mortises, grooves, and roundovers with a router?
- 35:53 – Traditional vs. Carbide lathe tools?
- 38:10 – How do small boxes with solid wood tops get away without a gap for expansion?
- 39:46 – How would you approach cutting wedges of the kitchen trestle table without a bandsaw?