Gloss Under Matte – Friday Live!
Live Event - October 13, 2017
Today we’ll discuss why we put gloss under matte, my sanding routine, scaling down projects, and many more topics in the Q&A.
- 0:12 – Morris chair sale
- 0:56 – Marc’s thoughts on pickles
- 4:03 – Marc is speaking at Rockler in Denver
- 4:49 – What are the “safe” finishes you’ll be using?
- 6:13 – What do you do if you find out something isn’t square halfway through your project?
- 9:07 – Why do you put down gloss finish before matte?
- 11:18 – Is there anything specific I should look out for when scaling down a project?
- 12:16 – If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be?
- 14:10 – How would you join vertical legs to a horizontal rail joined at 45 degrees?
- 15:41 – Any tips on kid-friendly projects?
- 18:05 – What grit do you start and end with when finishing with a varnish?
- 21:10 – Is there any reason why you couldn’t use 4/4 material for the roubo instead of 8/4?
- 22:18 – What is the difference between poly and PVA glues?
- 23:35 – Who are your biggest drumming influences?
- 27:58 – How do you fill gaps in large finger joints?
- 29:22 – How did you like building multiples of one thing?
- 32:07 – How do you finish a raw wood project without making it look finished?
- 33:27 – What would the ideal wood be for a wood toilet seat?
- 35:18 – Do you think you’d ever consider doing a Roentgen-inspired project for the guild? Here’s a video of a Roentgen piece.
- 36:44 – How does a card scraper handle end grain?
- 38:10 – What chisels would you recommend for both high and low prices?
- 39:57 – How long do you let glue cure before working on it?
- 41:00 – What am I doing wrong if I’m getting chatter while cutting mortises with a router?
- 44:01 – Patreon Supporters