Down with Douglas Fir! – Friday Live!
Live Event - June 16, 2017
Today we’re talking about a range of topics including why I don’t think you should build a table out of construction grade Douglas Fir. Here’s the rundown:
- 00:03 – Marc finds a magic wand
- 00:44 – Mail bag thank yous
- 03:51 – Friday Live Patreon Question Changes
- 05:15 – How to join Discord chat?
- 05:55 – What names did you consider other than The Wood Whisperer?
- 06:41 – Should I build a dining table out of Douglas Fir?
- 09:25 – Should I use 6/4 stock for queen bed rails?
- 10:32 – What is the best way to do a large inlay from smaller pieces?
- 11:51 – What are some techniques I can use to make a long board from shorter pieces?
- 14:01 – What type of wax to use on hand planes?
- 15:39 – If I can only buy one router, should I get a big one or small one?
- 16:54 – How can I protect signatures on wood?
- 18:52 – What should I do to acclimate lumber shipping from Michigan to Southern California?
- 20:14 – Which project has the most meaning to you that you’ve ever done?
- 22:32 – How do you think you’d manage shop time if it wasn’t your job?
- 25:08 – What glue should I use for a beehive box? Garden Fork
- 27:18 – Will kiln dried lumber have issues getting rained on during the drive home?
- 28:20 – Will there ever be a beginner’s picture frame project in the Guild?
- 29:24 – Patreon TWW Live Audio Feed!
- 30:33 – Marc has a cool shirt
- 31:23 – Thank the Patrons
- 32:20 – Have you ever used Ipe in a project and how did you protect yourself from the dust? Marc’s Dust Mask
- 34:34 – Guild Project Winners
- 35:23 – Where’s my PM show at, yo?