TWW Live 02: Does Wood Really Move?
Live Event - July 2, 2014
– Thanks to Denis DeMichiel for the awesome Blue Angels posters.
– Don’t miss the Christmas in July Sale, Tuesday, July 8th where you can get Wood Whisperer Gear, Books, and DVDs for 20% OFF in the Wood Whisperer Store.
– Is the concern for wood movement overblown?
– How do you explain breadboard ends?
– Check out the Woodshop Widget for help with wood movement calculations.
– Breadboard ends with a sprung joint?
– A FWW article on sprung joints by Gary Rogowski.
In Case you Missed It
– April Wilkerson’s video about Garden of Innocence:
– The Six Most Important Woodworkers I’ve Ever Known by Bob Lang.
– The Highland Woodworker 13:
– Civil War Woodworking Volume II by A.J. Hamler
In the Shop
– The Morris Chair comes to life with its first coat of finish. Purchase access today!
– Bob Wilson – “What about sealed???? I have heard don’t worry about movement if you seal it in poly?”
– Nick Ferry – “Would you ever do a joint build with Nicole or a build-off. Something simple not requiring many tools?”
– Mathew S. – “How far can I get with a contractor style saw, and what issues will I run into? I don’t have room or budget for a cabinet saw. Thanks!”
– Collin Burris – “I am just starting out, what would be better spending my money on, a table saw or a compound miter saw?
– Texfire – “Do you feel that woodworking as a craft is still in decline or are we in the middle of a resurgence?”
– Mark Nylund – “Why can’t I keep my shop as clean as yours?”
– JMK89 – “Do you use infeed/outfeed support at the bandsaw? Any ideas on what might be the best way to approach this?”
Tune in to the next show on Friday, August 1st at 1pm Eastern!
If you’d like to view the full unedited version of this TWW Live episode, you can watch it here.