On today’s show, we’re talking about expansion differences between hardwood and softwood, resaw alternatives to the bandsaw, and the difference between parallelogram and dovetail way jointers.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is fresh off his trip to Nerdtacular 2013. Matt went camping and brought a wooden 6-pack carrier. Shannon is thinking about designing a room’s worth of furniture for his in-laws house in Maine.
Around the Web
- Adam Savage (Myth Busters) has another woodworking related video, this time about coping saws:
- Making drinking vessels in Romania:
- Wooden Batteries:
- Never Wet
- Handheld CNC:
- Making a wooden lampshade:
- Jeremy wants to know if softwoods expand and contract at different rates than hardwoods.
- James is looking to resaw some boards with something other than a bandsaw.
- Jacob wants to know the difference between parallel and dovetail way jointers as well as our thoughts on Grizzly tools.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Dane C., Larry S., and Andy K. for their generous donations!
And don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like DontBHatin, Kccdoughboy, City Woodworker, and FriscoMike did.