My girlfriend wanted a new clock to be hung in the living room and I couldn’t have another Ikea item going in it’s place! I took on the challenge and this is what we came up with.
The clock face is quadmatched burl veneers applied to a MDF core. I put strips of maple in the frame and beveled them to bring attention to the face as well as break up the color between the walnut frame and walnut face. I am sure you can tell where the inspiration came from on the splines as well as the french cleats on the back.
Overall the project was fun and I learned a lot. Thanks Marc for all the help and the opportunity to share my project!