The Tilt-Top Table is the latest project from the Wood Whisperer Guild. I thought I’d share a few pictures as well as some details about the build. You can get immediate access to over 4 hours of footage as well as detailed plans dedicated to this project. Join the Guild today!
This tilt-top table was presented in two forms, a classic design inspired by the table Mario Rodriguez built for Fine Woodworking Magazine, and a more modern interpretation designed by my friend Aaron Marshall. Both versions feature pleasing proportions, a turned post, an oval top, and curved/tapered legs. Here are some of the details you might want to know if you decide to purchase this series:
Tools & Materials
– Pre-milled wood kits will be made available!
– Jointer, Planer, Tablesaw, Bandsaw
– Miter Saw, Drill, Router
– Lathe (for a turned post)
– Die Grinder and Rasps (for a sculpted post)
– Cutting an ellipse
– Turning a table post
– Creating a “Poor Man’s Lathe” router jig
– Routing sliding dovetails
– Cutting curved/tapered legs
– Designing a tilt mechanism
– Carving an alternative spiral post