Rasps, Security, and VerySuperCool Tools
Live Event - April 7, 2017
Today’s show is mostly an infomercial, but for good reason. This month’s giveaway is a massive package of goodies from VerySuperCool Tools. Enter here! We also discuss my favorite rasps as well as shop security. Here’s the topic rundown:
- 1:46 – Patreon Level Update- Hybrid Woodworking Book
- 4:27 – Guild Dining Chair project. Save 50% with the bundle!
- 7:23 – WW Thread Tap design update
- 7:49 – Marc’s shop door notification system- SmartThings Hub– SmartThings Sensor
- 10:38 – April Giveaway
- 12:52 – Very Super Cool Tools Fence System
- 23:52 – Nicole’s newest challenge coin
- 25:12 – What should I look for in a good rasp?
- 28:21 – Shoutout to guild members.
- 28:58 – When is it time to upgrade to serious dust collection?
- 30:12 – Is it okay to send wood through the planer perpendicular to the grain direction?
- 31:21 – What kind of wood and joinery would you suggest for drawers?
- 32:22 – What would you have done different with your Arizona shop if you could build it again?
- 33:57 – What’s the best joint to join two live edge slabs? Should I flatten before glueup or try to do it after it’s one piece?
- 35:58 – What workflow would you use to rip repeatable sized parts without a bandsaw?
- 37:37 – Have you set the lathe up for Nicole yet?
- 37:55 – Titebond I, II, or III?
- 38:29 – What upcoming guild project are you most excited about?
- 39:03 – What have you experienced with wood movement after milling?
- 40:47 – Do you have a student discount in the guild?
- 41:31 – Do you have any tips for sharpening a card scraper?
- 43:25 – Is the dining chair project going to be set up for a batch build?
- 45:02 – Do you have recommendations for tools from Japan? Piedmont Japanese Carpentry Club
- 47:02 – Guild project winner
- 48:03 – New Patreon supporters