Friday Live! Walnut & Routing Direction
Live Event - March 10, 2017
Today we discuss the properties of walnut lumber and proper routing direction. Of course we also have tons of Q&A. Here’s the breakdown:
- 2:54 – Is there anything I should look out for when working with walnut?
- 8:00 – What bluetooth hearing protection are you using these days? 3M Worktunes with Bluetooth
- 9:30 – How do uphill and downhill cuts work on a router?
- 13:12 – Can you explain grain direction when jointing a board?
- 15:32 – Are you going to WIA this year?
- 16:10 – Can I get by without a jointer in my shop?
- 18:50 – Have you picked up the new Zelda?
- 19:44 – Should I get the Supermax 19-38 or Jet 16-32 drum sander?
- 21:15 – Any updates on the taps?
- 23:14 – How can I sand a chamfer without rounding the edges?
- 26:46 – What’s the acceptable amount of the shank to be extended above the collet on a router bit?
- 30:13 – Where are you getting your wood in Denver?
- 31:46 – What’s the best way to avoid planer snipe?
- 33:45 – Can the metric taps only be bought in a set?
- 34:15 – When can we expect the dining room chair in the guild?
- 35:40 – Could you recommend paints for baby toys?
- 37:20 – Patreon Thanks
- 39:34 – NoMona/Silence the Whisperer Campaign