Blotchy Cherry & Business Talk
Live Event - July 7, 2017
Today we discussed cherry and its tendency to blotch as well as the various aspects of running a woodworking business. Of course, we also had a bunch of other topics and questions. Here’s the rundown:
- 0:49 – Good morning Littleton
- 1:19 – We were at Nerdtacular last week
- 3:01 – Patreon is where you can support the show
- 3:09 – New bandsaw video with Alex Snodgrass
- 3:35 – Wood Whisperer Taps announcement
- 4:29 – New giveaway this month
- 8:46 – What are the planes I should acquire if I’m trying the hybrid method of woodworking?
- 10:47 – Are there any gotcha’s when finishing cherry (eg blotching, etc)?
- 15:33 – What next project will build on the skills I learned from the morris chair build?
- 16:41 – What’s the deal with lock miter joints?
- 17:40 – How can I make a desk top more durable?
- 19:04 – Do you have a favorite joint?
- 19:50 – Should I also invest in a new dust collector when I buy a new tablesaw?
- 21:50 – Have you ever thought about using a CNC?
- 22:28 – Who are some good online lumber suppliers?
- 25:05 – Have you tried Fusion 360?
- 25:11 – If you lost all of your tools, what would you get first to replace them?
- 26:42 – What types of replacement blades do you use for your knew concepts saw?
- 27:42 – Have you ever tried Gorilla Glue for a finish?
- 29:08 – When is the next PM show?
- 30:18 – What size of bandsaw blade is needed to make a bandsaw box?
- 31:18 – Do you have any tips to making money on my woodworking?
- 36:10 – Guild project winner
- 36:25 – New Patreon supporters
- 37:45 – Why we need to ban Carl